View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #10

It won't get silly. If I thought Chinese scooters were totally unreliable junk I wouldn't have bought three of them. They've all had issues, such as leaking fuel systems, loose steering head bearings, faulty wiring and the like, but none of the problems has been very difficult for me to find and fix. Then again, unlike the average buyer of a Chinese scooter, I've had 30+ years of experience fixing bikes, cars and scooters.

But there is night and day difference between the RX3 and any Chinese scooter (or Korean) I've ever worked on. The RX3 build quality and design appears to be up to Japanese motorcycle standards. Components are first rate, assembly is neat and tidy. QC is excellent. Could it break? of course it could. Anything can. A BMW can quit running after 100 miles. Doesn't happen often, but it can. The point is that you shouldn't have to strip it down when you get it and put right all the things that are wrong with it to make it reliable, plus hope that any substandard wiring and electrical components don't fail. The average European/Japanese bike is built right (why is why it costs more of course).

If someone with few mechanical skills wanted the most reliable scooter for the least money, I'd still advise them that they would probably be better off buying a used Honda or Yamaha than a brand new Roketta, Jonway or even Bintelli.

Are Chinese scooters better no than they were 10 years ago? I honestly don't know, but I suppose they must be. If they were any worse, anyone buying one would be in a lot of trouble!

I'd like to see what China could do if they set their minds to making a scooter that could compete with the European/Japanese scooters in terms of design, quality and construction. I'll bet they could do it, and a a price lower than the scooters they would be competing with.
2015 CSC Cyclone RX3