View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari9982 View Post
So I have of those typical GY6 Mopeds... anyway heres my issue..

I thought that coil was bad because it was misfiring and a new spark plug did not fix it. We eliminated the fact that it wasn't carb related. Anyway.. so I pull the stator out and replaced everything. I replaced the coil, stator, spark plug, and spark plug boot, and yet when I try firing it, I see no spark at all on the plug when I ground it. And yes I have checked all grounds to make sure.

I replaced the CDI and still nothing. I am starting to wonder if one of the ignition wires is accidently getting grounded somewhere preventing the spark? Anywho, is there a good way to by pass everything related to the kill switch and key from the handles bars to test it? Like is there a set of wires somewhere near the ignition coil or near the gas tank where I can bridge 2 wires to bypass everything so I can just make sure spark is possible?

Also there was spark previous to me replacing the stator so that doesnt make sense why all of a sudden there is no spark.. I double check everything and I did not damage any wires when removing the old stator.

Bad plug?