View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #5

I finally located a wheel for it. I have been doing some tuning for a couple scooter repair shops that like my work better than theirs.

One of them had a Roketa that he was parting and gave me a wheel. Put it on, set the spacers correct and torqued it up. It fits and works fine.

Since it has been sitting so long, I decided to pull the carb apart and clean it. It was almost perfectly clean inside, even though I did not drain the fuel. The carb is a 30mm throttle bore.

The stock jet sizes were; main #115, pilot / idle #38. The enricher valve has an extra circuit wired into it from the factory, haven't figured out why yet. It is too loose in the carb, may need to add / replace the o-ring and seal. Also noted that the mixture screw is on the bottom of the throttle body, not sure how to adjust that while it is on the scooter.

While I was in that area, I looked at the plug, which was in finger tight only. looked a little rich, but that might be from starting it so many times and not really riding it.

Since my primary testing 63cc scooter was stolen, am thinking about protecting this one, which has an alarm, but thinking of adding another with a GPS and hiding it on the scooter along with a separate battery. Any suggestions?

Still need to source the windshield retainer set. The battery in it is a Duralast, buit think I will replace that with a Chrome Pro as they seem to crank better. The rear lamp is fogged badly, think I'll recondition it and then clear coat it-- any thoughts?

Also thinking of wiring in my XM Sat radio to it for traveling.

Soon I'll be ready for my first ride on it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads