View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #19

Okay: I just got off of a 2 1/2 hour long chat session with Aaron at Superior. Most of that time was waiting while he was escalating my concern to his manager.

My inquiry was regarding the reason for the delay they are experiencing with receiving their shipment. Their response was to offer me a $20 discount for my inconvenience until I pointed out that they were offering a $50 off discount as an Indepence Day sale special. He was able to apply this $50 discount to my order so that worked out well...

He also provided some infomation that is interesting if true. He indicated that the delays were due to this being an import of a new model. I know many of the 54b style scooters were old-stock. This unit was listed as In-Stock when I ordered so I am speculating that the old-stock may have been depleted. He specifically stated that this is an all-new 2013 model.

"...since this is a new product we're waiting on shipment from the manufacturer and like all new products there is a lot of steps you have to go through to get it here. Shipping and customs is what we're waiting on."

"...the price of this unit is going up soon so a benefit of having an older order is you get to keep that price."

"It is a new 2013 model."

"...it may even have some newer features!"

Anyone have any insight into this and can confirm that 2013-models are being imported now?