View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 08:08 AM   #8

First, WELCOME to the forum!

Anyone that rides a scooter or motorcycle is at risk of injury from accidents and now with insurance scams on the rise everywhere, intentional incidents.

I've been riding for many years and only laid a bike down once, because of loose gravel on a concrete entrance drive. However I have been intentional targeted several times where others tried to run me off the road. In June of last year I was targeted for an insurance scam because the car driver thought I was riding without tags and would pay off to avoid reporting.

The article linked above has a few facts wrong, specifically the speeds at which a rider gets injured are 6 mph as documented by Dernmark Scooter crash testing agency. this link:

With everything suggested here you should definitely take some class in defensive driving tactics for scooters / motorcycles, also anything that you can do to make yourself more visible and audible will help along with video recording while riding should be done.

To address your wife's concern: Injuries, even fatal ones can and do happen all the time, and it doesn't require someone to be riding a scooter, motorcycle or trike.