View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #14

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookees View Post
Thanks,,, I was just thinking about some of veterans... Jacine, Big Guy, Dawg, et al.

I think a lot of the newer members don't know what it was like back in the early days.

There used to be a very influential forum, and for the life of me I can't remember its name, something like scootboard.bbs or something. Anyway the forum was dominated by scooter riders that had vintage Vespa's, Lambretas, et al. If you mentioned you had a Chinese scooter you were lambasted and pilloried and subjected to all manner of negative comments. Ah, the good old days. But I digress.

All of a sudden on the horizon appeared a beacon of light… a safe harbor… a refuge for the wretched.
Scoot Dawg
(cue Orchestra )

We laughed, we cried, we bickered, we fought. ( Dam, just like I remembered childhood)

Now we have grown, hopefully a bit older; certainly a bit wiser, and have moved on up to a …”deluxe apartment in the sky”.
I, for one, am looking forward to the new digs with some old friends and new ones too.
Hi
Your most welcome my friend
Blue front, Terra nova, Sprocket, Pony, Bullet, Evil miss kitty, Mona lisa just to name a few of our old friends that i miss sorely
Its nice to know that a few of us are still around
Take care and ride safley dear friend
Yours Hank