View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigit View Post
Depending on how many watts the radio is.

Check Amazon for an amplifier called LePai LP-2020A.
It's a very tiny bright sounding amp, peaks at 25Watt, but it's usable range is 2x7W RMS @8Ohms per channel, or ~12-15W @4ohms per channel.
It's not very powerful, but if your speakers are efficient enough, this amp might be just good for the small cruises.
Those small amps are really great if your SPL levels of speakers are above 89dB W m

I suppose those water speakers aren't very efficient.. Perhaps in the seventies or beginning 80's of dB.

They have a Dayton Audio DTA-100a amp, with 2x15W, which is not going to be much louder, but is more expensive.

These amps will not draw more power than your scoot can supply!
In fact, the Lepai LP-2020A uses merely 2W in stand by, and just as long as you have sufficient efficient speakers, they work quite nice!

I have one of them installed in my livingroom, powering 2xBIC America floor speakers (the one with the 4 drivers), and it's more sufficient to watch movies.
Those BIC's are 89dB SPL though, so they're pretty loud by themselves.

The LP-2020A uses less power at max volume, than my Yamaha Surround amplifier, which uses 30W just being on, without music...

You might as well just install a larger capacity battery (like a 9A battery).
If you check he's got a 100 watt system in his scoot, also went to the DWG website to find the db rating for speakers, (no such luck...yet) I just might call them tomorrow for the low-down, but I suspect they may indeed be louder than you might think.

Last edited by spandi; 02-14-2013 at 02:31 AM.