View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 11:45 PM   #2

Hi Moses,
I read your post twice so I think I know what you have there.
First off your lighting is running on DC voltage after the rectifier/regulator. They are running off the battery when you disconnect the stator.
Some of these China scoots are wired that way.

I think there are something like six different stators, and as many more ways of wiring these things.

Are you reading your voltages at the stator wires directly (unpluged) or are you reading thru the connector(s).
The reason I ask is I have had several scooters that had faulty crimps on the connectors where they looked like good connections but they were actually just crimped on the insulation.
That is the ONLY reason you would have nothing on the yellow wire unless you have two bad stators.

There are just as many goofy color codes as there are scooter brands so I would NOT trust the graph you found.
It sounds like you have a 1/2 wave floating ground stator. Otherwise it would have a green (ground) wire in the plug, so your voltages sound right for idle. The yellow is your 1/2 wave out.

As far as the blue/white trigger wire... If the scoot is running it is fine no matter what the graph says. That is your trigger for the cdi. It controls the spark timing.

The only cure I have found for low lighting at idle is to convert the entire bike to LED lighting.
It is as cheap as dirt to convert, and the only odd part required is an electronic flasher relay from Ebay. You'll see them listed for about 4 bucks/free shipping.

Here's a youtube link that will get you started on more stator info.

This is NOT the best link but follow the related links, and you will quickly become expert on these crappy stators.
There are several vids on converting to full wave, and changing from common to floating ground, ect.

Just post up if you have any more questions, I'm happy to help if I can.