View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 01:16 AM   #6

Realize this is an ole thread, but on the subject of trying to differentiate the yellow and white power wires coming from the stator.....I have a question . I have a 2013 Bashan 150cc scoot that I lost all electrical activity on except the headlights. Unplugged the New stator plug at the wiring harness and the voltage reg. from its plug on the harness. While testing the now separate yellow and white wires in the harness I think it's the yellow that is continuous with ground or only has one or two OHMS of resistance to ground. Is there any reason it should go to ground with both ends unhooked? Is it the fact that per the video in this thread the yellow wire out of the stator is connected to the headlights through the "tap" . Does the yellow wire find ground through the two high resistance filaments of the headlight bulbs when the voltage reg. and stator are unhooked? I've also unhooked the electric choke in case it's providing this ground source I'm trying to track. Thanks in advance for any help as i'm looking for any excuse to not have to dissect that entire wiring harness between the upper passenger side frame and the upper steering column. Also of note it may be important that I've run for a long time with NO battery ! Does that mean any electrical power was having to come out of the voltage reg. RED wire to power this stuff?

Last edited by Bigpig41; 06-11-2021 at 08:31 PM. Reason: content