View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #1

Seat latch won't pop

Hi All!

I'm hoping someone here might have some advice on this one. I purchased a SSR Verona 150 (http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/.../verona150.htm) a few months back and it's been a life changer. I live in San Francisco and I sold my car and can now park anywhere, no matter the time of day... You can't imagine the soul destruction of trying to find a free car spot around my neighborhood. I ran through Big Guy's PDI and everything has been running very well (big, big thanks for putting that together btw, very helpful).

After getting home the other day, I put its cover on and all was well. When I was ready to ride again yesterday I came back and the seat wouldn't pop. The lock still turns with about the same resistance as before (I think it's spring loaded) but nothing happens. I can't tell if the latch is moving or not, I don't hear anything as I put my ear to the seat, but am not 100% sure. I've tried lifting the seat as I turned the key, pressing it down, wiggling it, prying it with a fair amount of force (but not to break the pin off the seat levels yet). No dice. The seat wasn't overstuffed as the cover was out and it has a "normal" amount of free play as I ran my experiments, but I suppose it's possible a shoe lace or something made its way into the latch mechanism. I suspect more likely is that the cable has come loose.

I know the latch was about a three inch wide brass colored block, but can't remember if there was a lever on it that I should aim a coat hanger hook at or something. If I recall correctly. the rear panels bolt down through the seat compartment, so I don't think removal of the entire rear section is possible.

I tried calling the distributor and they referred me to SSR. Neither was any help and I was somewhat surprised that even the guy at SSR didn't seem to know what the bike even looked like, let alone give me any help with a procedure here.

Hopefully there is an easy enough fix that doesn't require me ordering a new seat and latch.. Any help will be much appreciated!

-Trev

Login or Register to Remove Ads