Thread: Honda PCX150
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
Honda PCX150
by dudley dudley is offline 03-31-2013, 09:38 AM

This is a nice scoot
There was nothing on my old scoot to make me think fit and finish was lacking, but one look at this one and you can tell it is a step above.
Handles and rides beautifully. Lighting is very bright.
Top speed at 900 miles is about 64mph on a very accurate speedo.
Accelerates quickly to about 57, then slowly climbs to top speed.
This is Honda quality, and when they say it will handle highway speeds without issue, I believe it. Always felt like I might be abusing my old scoot on the highway, this one I can put it out of my mind and enjoy the ride.
No flat floor or front convenience hook. Underseat storage is good, but can't match the storage on my old scoot. Great commuter, but not a grocery getter.
I need to get audible blinker relays, as I frequently forget to cancel them.
Seat hump can be an issue. I removed mine so I can slide back about three extra inches, which helps a great deal. Someday I will go aftermarket seat, but no hurry. Rides of 1 1/2
Hours are not uncomfortable.
So far, making about 93mpg.
Lots of new technology on this scoot. Too much to list here, but it is interesting stuff, and worth looking up.still amazes me how the starter and generator are one unit.
Push the start button and suddenly the scooter is running, no starter cranking at all.
Easily outruns my sons Suzuki tu250 up to top speed, then he slowly overtakes me.
Only real issue so far is maintenance. Valve jobs on my old scoot were thirty minutes, this one will be closer to two hours, because of plastic removal.

Views: 16176