View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #2

Been there, done that.
Few years ago, a young woman thought I was going to just blow through a stop sign to beat traffic coming down the road from a traffic light. Apparently it had just changed and so she accelerated. I had just put my feet down and started to turn my head to see if there was traffic coming down the road when she ran into me. Bruised my backside pretty good where the seat backstop slammed into me from the hit. The knuckles on my left hand banged on the hood as I was displaced from the bike, rolled up the windshield then unceremoniously flopped off the roof of her car down to the pavement out in the middle of the road into the path of the now oncoming traffic.Fortunately the traffic was still a ways away and may have seen it happen. And I was wearing all the gear.

Sore as hell for about 4 or 5 days, but x-rays showed nothing was cracked or broken. On me that is, the bike didn't fare quite as well. It sat in my garage for over 3 years before I finally got around to fixing it. But it's my main ride now. Got back on the horse, so to speak on one of my other scoots not too long after getting knocked off like that. No way was I ready to even think about giving up riding. You may find yourself wishing you had a scoot to ride again once you heal up from your forced get off.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me