View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #5

I personally think you'd not fall.
A flat usually never happens immediately. Unless you're riding on age old tires, where wires are falling out, and the tire thread has gone for months already, a leak usually deflates the tire slowly, and here's what you could expect:

The tire will deflate, your top speed will decrease, until your 50cc scoot can't get it past 25MPH, when you turn you feel like the scooter is wobbly, does not stay on a fixed line, and before you actually fall off, you will want to look at your scoot to see what's wrong, and notice the flat..
That being said, suppose you have no other way than to ride on the flat tire, on your way home; the more you ride on a flat, the more wobbly the ride in corners, even at straights you feel your bike going left to right, eventhough you hold the handlebars steady.
Your scoot will probably not surpass 20 or 25MPH, until the tire is completely blown, without air, and then you feel the hard road. At that point turning has to be done very slowly (like <5MPH), or you'll fall, and riding in a straight line, will make you wish you where home on the couch watching TV or something, because of the tires no longer absorbing the unevenness's of the road and your bike vibrating and rumbling, as if the bolts would fall out of you, when you'd have bolts keeping you together!

Even when hitting a large sharp object with the front tire, more than likely you will have seen it, but if you didn't you will definitely have heard it, and will have to come to a quick stop.
But in my lifetime I've never ever seen, or heard of any bicycle or scooter front tire, just simply exploding (like with the air out of it within a fraction of a second); never!

There is ALWAYS a sign, before that happens.
IMHO, the only way a scooter tire can blow, is AFTER you've had no thread on it no more, and the tire has naked wire sticking out of it (the wire holding the rubber together, and you're riding on the wire); OR you've pumped WAY too much air in the tire, and a tire 'blister' has shown.
A blister, is basically a bubble in the tire making your ride miserable, (by riding bumpy) until the bubble explodes. But you most certainly had a warning before it happens!

Login or Register to Remove Ads