View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #15

Yes. Rich started out with two 150cc crate scooters and learned everything the hard way. Ultimately he became a Guru and wasn't afraid to take things apart to see how they worked. He understood the electrics like no one I've ever seen before. He and I corresponded many times and I was shocked to hear he was gone. I had e-mailed him a few days before and he said nothing so I know the kidney failure was swift. I wanted to send Sue a letter but I am still just blown away.
His last words to me:

Don't change who you are. You are indeed a fiery guy with an explosive nature. You're also highly intelligent with a lot of riding experience. You're a great asset to the forum but more than that a great friend. I'm glad things are back on an even keel. At around 60 years old we're not going to change who we are, maybe we can just adapt. I've did a lot of that and it's difficult, but sometimes we have to. I hope things work out at home, that's paramount right now. Rich

I'm not friends with the current Admin so without Rich there I've bid Scooterdoc goodbye. I still have the Doc T Shirt Rich gave me but I haven't had an occasion to wear it.

You're riding the wheels of a Legend. Treat it well.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.