View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #37

Not sure where your shopping spandi or which bike its for but looks like $100 is more reasonable

http://www.xdcycle.com/discount-moto...s/HONDA-c-264/

Anyway, I have had some additional thoughts on this whole thing and there is another aspect we are leaving out. I have seen threads on some forums regarding innovation and advancement of scooter design. We likely will not see this come from China. Realize when you are paying extra for a Japanese or European scooter part of that cost goes to their R&D department so they can continue to advance technology. Honda recently released some phenomenal scooters with wonderful mpg ratings and max speeds. All at reasonable cost (check out the PCX150) sorry couldn't resist posting this

read the review if you like

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/127/13...irst-Ride.aspx

Anyway it is a great little bike apparently with a number of advancements priced less than $3500 (well sure not much less but...) These guys continually are looking out for you. Making safer, faster, more efficient scooters. When you buy for them you aren't paying to line the pockets of already wealthy (and corrupt?) Chinese business men and officials but rather you are buying the future. You are buying advancement in technology that the Chinese might steal at some point in the future but never take the time and effort to do themselves.

I like the idea of being part of research a lot more than being a part of thievery, how about you?? Sure the "current" Chinese scoots are all somewhat legally acquired designs (though not always ethically marketed and sold) and yes they have actually "designed" one or 2 bodies themselves but for the most part, they are poor copies of very old technology. I guess it all comes down to what your conscience allows you to support... Everyone says it's about what they can afford but careful shopping really can get you a nice used Japanese bike for the same money as a Chinese clone.

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing