View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #7

There is more to performance than just the size of the engine. How the engine works is also important. There is also braking and maneuverability and how when and where the bike makes hp and torque. I see guys on here do a lot of stuff to get there 150's to do a reliable constant 60 mph and I hear the PCX 150 from Honda does 70 or better right out of the crate. Power to weight ratio is more important than absolute power. Unfortunately most Chines bikes are not manufactured with attention to things that increase performance i.e. amount of unsprung weight, quality tires, adequate suspension, frame rigidity, or sufficient or quality brakes. Ride an Italian or Japanese bike someday and you will see the difference.

***OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER***
Rob is only saying the bikes are different Chinese scooters can perform well. I do not hate Chinese scooters. I do love all 2 wheeled means of conveyance. I have no doubt someone somewhere somehow has a 180 Rocketa that might come close in some situations to the same performance as the bikes mentioned but buy that time you will probably have spent close to what the stock Honda costs, sometimes. So in a nutshell please no flaming. Chinese scooters, despite the lack of attention to good engineering practices on the part of the manufacturer, can and do make reliable rides and yes I acknowledge they are quite a kick in the pants to ride (certain types of bumps at certain speeds, however, may add something else to your pants though)

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing