View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigit View Post
So, I wasn't really happy with the prices of most chinese 150cc scoots, and I thought I might as well broaden my spectrum to see if there's anything else out there that I might want to buy as a long lasting scoot, and pay some extra $$..

I had my eye on an Aprilia Sportcity 125, they had them in the dealer, but at a very steep price; of something like $4k or something!

The bike sits just perfect for me, I'm 6'2" tall, and unlike the chinese bikes, where I have to hang over, this one feels like I'm actually sitting in a perfect matched chair!
The brakes worked nice; haven't had the chance to ride it around; it was a fairly new bike to the dealer, and they did not have sufficient info to give me on the bike.

Overall it's probably exactly what I need. According to the specs, it does an avg of 25km per litre, or about 95MPG; 4 stroke, and large enough to fit 2 passengers.

I'm overall impressed with the scoot, finishing, even has a locking ring for the grocery bag hook.

The only thing I would want is to mount a rear trunk; though I don't know if it can host one.
It has on the back handles for the passenger, which I'm willing to remove, only if the bike can be equipped with a rear trunk.

Anyone knows if this is possible, with an easy aftermarket fix? In fact, I already have a trunk, all I need is a small 'platform' to mount my trunk on.

And second, where can I buy one cheaper, as I'm not willing to fork out $4,5K for a bike like this (that is dealer fee, and taxes included).
Hi

Sport city 125 with trunk by inuyasha50, on Flickr
Adapter
https://www.sporttour.com/shopexd.asp?id=2886
I highly recomend the Aprilia brand, theres nothing quite like them
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank