View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 08:52 PM   #1

125cc Carburetor Question

Just purchased a used Fiddler 125cc that was recently running, but which quit on the PO.

He had messed with the carb, and bent the needle and lost a spring, so after replacing the ignition box, the engine would start and idle, but not run above idle.

I bought a new matching carb (PD 24J) identical to the OEM one, and after installing it, the engine will not start at all (or even "pop"). I tried spraying starting fluid into the intake side of the carb, but I doubt I got anything in there, but in any case, even then the engine would not respond.

The fuel filter has gasoline in it, and I am getting a good spark (with the new electronic ignition box installed).

There is a small electrical solenoid on the side of the carb I assume is a fuel cutoff valve, but checking the voltage at the connector (when connected) there is none evident. With the solenoid unplugged I put a small 12v test light on the wiring harness connector and get a VERY dim bulb (maybe 3v or so). I hooked up the OLD solenoid to the wiring harness (removed from the old carb-the one that would start), and looked into the solenoid port and when attached to the bike's wiring harness, it does not click or move.

I don't have a wiring diagram, but maybe someone can tell me if I should have 12v present on that connector to the fuel solenoid when the 1) Ignition switch is turned to thye RUN position w/ the kill-switch ON?

Thanks-
Bob

Login or Register to Remove Ads