View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 06:33 AM   #4

Sure sounds like a carb problem. Were these scoots pre assembled, or still crated at time of purchase? Did you do a PDI on these scoots? There are instructions for one in the "General Scooter Discussion" section on this forum (1st thread in that section). Other PDI's can be found by doing a quick search.

Carbs are avilable at a lot of places for about $25.

If your scoot did sit for a while, with any gas in the tank....this could be the cause of your carb problem. Ethanol blended gas, and sitting around = big headaches. If you bought it dry...and put gas in it yourself, there may have been some trash in the tank or the fuel line, that plugged something up, causing it to quit after running for a while.

I bought my scoot from the same type of place that you did. It was shipped from California to my place in a crate. I tinkered with it for two weeks before I started it for the first time. A comprehensive PDI may take some time, but is well worth the effort, for my scooter now has over 9,100 miles on it, without a single breakdown....I have never had to remove or clean the carb.....but I run non ethanol gas only, with a half ounce of MMO added to each fillup.

You'll get it sorted out, but don't forget to check the rest of your machine over, valve lash, nuts & bolts, electrical connections, get rid of the rubber fuel lines, etc, etc.