View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 12:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
I have never done, or know anyone, who has done a bbk on a 50cc 4 stroke. Everyone in my neck of the woods swaps out the 50cc and drops in a 125-150cc stock motor out of a wreaked scooter instead. Whats funny is none of these guys even know how a motor works, so when it stops running for whatever reason they are totally lost. Congrats on you for learning! I did a 125 to 155cc cylinder swap (along with injector mods for fuel) and it made a big difference. Used a no name bbk from Taiwan. The scooter was a Zuma 125.
Yeah the Taiwan kits are built a lot better, i could tell just from holding it and looking at the material. My first BBK i installed was a cheap $40 Chinese off of eBay and I am guessing why it contributed to my first bike failing after 2 years.

I too knew nothing about small engines lol, but i wanted to learn and i did it coming here to this forum and watching YouTube. Eventually over time i knew how to do everything with these small engines. Watching people do those BBK's on youtube, they made it look easy haha. When i tried it on my first bike it was a utter nightmare. Come to find out i did everything right i had just forgot to connect a simple ground wire to the top of the head. I still do make simple mistakes like that but eventually over time i want to become small engine certified. I found a passion for these little bikes i guess you could say

Now for the difference in the 80cc (72cc) kit and the 100cc (82cc) kit:
On a flat roadway i got my new Denali with the 100cc kit up to 45mph, maybe a little bit over. I normally don't push these bikes over 45 no matter what bore i put in them i just wanted to push it a couple times to see if i could feel a difference with the 80cc and 100cc kits. My last bike i got up to 45mph on the same road and it was with a 80cc kit. Now i do notice that off the line my 100cc kit does have a bit more pull to it.

I am also doing a oil change every 200 miles instead of 300 miles because it runs hotter with this type of kit. I use Shell Rotella 15w40 diesel engine oil. The added weight of the oil helps with better cooling in these small engines. I used to use Performance Synthetic Motorcycle oil but i find it to be too thin and i think that oil may have also contributed to my last bike failing. I am really sticking to what works this time, WHICH IS NO SYNTHETIC engine oil lol. I know a lot of people by cheap walmart and put it in these things but your bike will love you if you use a "brand that works" kind of oil.

I am thinking that it might be either my added weight that i put on, since i did put on almost 40lbs. Or it might be the Variator/Clutch limiting me somehow. I think i might of used the stock variator with my 5G sliders instead of the performance one, I've heard that the Stock Variators are heavier than the performance i might try to go swap it out with my 5G sliders.

I am going to try messing with the variator in a bit and i'll let you all know..

Any other suggestions/comments would be appreciated, thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads