View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderdan09 View Post
I am curious, in the process of breaking in your trike, did you treat the 200 miles as zeroed and ran the machine slowly for the next 100, change the oil and then speed up? It sounds to me like the break in process got broken somewhere in the mid range, with all of the squealing in the mid forties.

This first thing I would do is change the oil and put on a new CVT belt to see if that would not change the motoring characteristics.

I am not an expert, but break in recommendations are made for good reason.
Hi,

Yes I treated the motor as if it was new. What went on before I bought it I don't know. Oil change when I got it then I change the oil every 200 up to 1000mi. The belt also was changed.

I've riden other MC-95s with about the same results. Weight and resistance are hard on that motor . Ive had a bunch of CN250 clones all on bikes that come in at least 125lbs lighter.

As a rule I break in by the book but I have a friend that lives by the "hard break in" and he's never had a problem. I just have the guys to do it.

Be Big,
AMAC

SYM RV200 Evo
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
MC-95-250 Reverse Trike

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/amac1680/rv200-evo