View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #5

5,75g ??? Did you mean 5.75g ? I had 8g from the factory and went with 5g rollers and it was so much better on take off and up hill .

On my Echarm I changed out the rollers that weighed 12.2g with 5k of miles on them for 12g Dr Pulley sliders . At first initial take off was a hair less but had a better acceleration and I gained 5 MPH on the top end . 13k miles later takeoff is even faster but tops out at 67 to 70 instead of 75 since they worn down and became lighter .

Weight tuning requires testing a retesting as a half gram makes a diff . On my 2T it had 6g I tried 4g it did not take off faster but sounded like it was over revving on takeoff and had a top end loss . I mixed up 3 4g and 3 6g to equal 5g and liked it better . Later on when I installed a BBK , racing pipe and Uni I could hit 10,500 going up a large and steep hill . So I bought some 8g Dr Pulley sliders and Hoca 1.5k clutch springs since they engage at 1,500 RPMs higher than the stock springs to compensate for heavier weights . Well take off was much slower and top end was faster but I can still hit 9k up a large hill with a running start . I wanted to lower the RPMs at cruising speed since it drinks gas like I have a hole in the tank and I can just barely give it any throttle above idle when going downhill . We all know how much fun it is to zoom down a big hill .

Unsure if the clutch would be a diff size so compare side by side or measure with a caliper . Now the performance variators which have steeper ramps and larger diameter slow take off but increase top end . You have the option to try 1k, 1.5k or 2k clutch springs which act like a stall convertor in a car with an automatic tranny so it can launch faster than the stock torque convertor

Login or Register to Remove Ads