View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #13

Hey houndguy,
[I won't lie, I've seen this and actually am considering it]

As I ride my scooter around, I stay off the super slabs myself, I'm a back road junkie. All those back road miles the one constant I see, tons of discarded stuff!!
I started to make note of where I see *stuff* poking out of weeds, or just dumped off the back of a truck.
I take my PU back to that place load it up and I'm buying my Elio with scrap metal I scrounge up.
I've put the word out with fam and friends, if you see junk metal, I got a place for it!!
Some donkey butt humanoid had one of the expensive truck bed covers with the slates of aluminum and I guess it did not work for them anymore, the side rails and slates was pitched in the weeds where we do some winter trout fishing at, right where folks park at!!
I loaded it up, took it home, disassembled it, steel from aluminum, and plastic bits it had on it, it came out to about 75 pounds of aluminum!! A few pounds of steel bearings and what not.
I know it's foolish, but krikeys, the Elio is only $6800.00 , my Big Ruckus sold new for $5,000.00! Then they ran up to about $7,000.00 loaded up.
That's my plan anyway.
Sorry for getting off topic.