Thread: 2017 Adly RT50
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #3

Quick notes update: So, Im coming home in pouring rain of death. Yes, my feet/legs are getting SOAKED! Im cruising along at 35mph and the scoot stalls for a second then starts running again. Im thinking Im outta fuel so I switch it to reserve. The owners manual does not even acknowledge the petcock. When in the OFF position, the long half of the lever covers the word OFF. When in ON does the lever cover the word ON or is the ON word supposed to be uncovered? When your'e on RESERVE, is it word RESERVE covered or exposed? Still have not found out officially, so back to my rain notes. I get to the gas station and fill it back up, but it only took a half gallon? That is not a reason to switch to RESERVE? The scoot starts back up and I continue home. I pull into the driveway and go between the houses to get to the garage and hear a strange "snapping" sound. Look around (still in the rain) and notice the spark plug cap popped off! Barely on enough to stay running. Upon closer inspection (next morning) it seems the inside of the spark plug cap was all rusty and corroded inside from water getting into it, thus rusting the retainer clip out making it fail. I tried to rebuild it but it stripped on the inside of the cap during reassembly so I just put a cap end off a Zuma on with AMPLE dielectric grease inside the boot and around the spark plug end. That should keep the water at bay (wheel sprays directly on it) and the corrosion/rust out of the inside of the boot. Currently @ just under 600 kilometers. Might alert my local dealer of this issue and see if they become pro-active or not, as Im trying to pull the RT50 owners together for rides and such.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by sc00ter; 06-03-2017 at 02:06 PM.