Thread: 2t oils
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #2

First off NEVER use weedeater grade oil . I use Maxxima synthetic blend and Motul 710 full synthetic when I have the extra cash . Premium oil only smokes at start up , does not foul the plug like generic stuff . My pedal mopeds that I premixed with any oil ( until I learned about premium oils ) would leave a com trail . I was a young teen and paid for my own stuff with money I made cutting grass so I had to use a budget . Well I saved up and sold a few mopeds ( I had a sweet collection ) and bought a used Honda CR80 2T motorcycle . I hated how I would have to clean the spark plug with carb cleaner because it would foul out . I already knew NGK is the only brand to use , and one day a trail riding buddy told me about the NGK iridium plug and BelRay MC1 full synthetic oil . I went to a motorcycle shop anmd asked if they had the oil and plug in stock . They did and both cost more than the standard stuff but well worth the extra coins . The iridium fires better and almost never needed to be cleaned like the standard with cheap oil .

I use a NGK BRP8HIX in my 2T scooter . Some opt for the 7 in that series since it is a hotter heat range but but the 8 works better for me than the 7 .

Note look for injector safe on the oil bottle as some is premix only