View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #2

I have decided to order a second CDI. The reason for this is that I was following a troubleshooting guide and it had me pull one wire one the CDI and ground another. The idea was that I would by pass the kill switch. I noticed once I did that, that the kill switch still worked so I assume the guide may have not been the correct thing for my scooter. On the odd chance that what I did damaged the CDI in some way I feel having a second and possibly a spare CDI is reasonable troubleshooting.

If you reader are looking for posts on troubleshooting the electrical then I can say I have learned enough that it is reasonable to use a multimeter and check voltages on the Stator, CDI and Coil.
Once you know this then the hardest thing is pulling the flywheel and replacing the Stator.

I found that my stator voltage was 3 to 13 VAC when it should have been 100VAC so that was a bad part.

To change the Stator I ended up buying a flywheel puller tool and a special wrench that goes into the holes on the flywheel so it doesn't turn when we are trying to get the flywheel off.

Now I suggest a 1/2 inch drive long handle ratchet or you can use an impact tool.

I'll continue to troubleshoot and once I figure out this next problem I may come back and document what I did if there is any interest here.