View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #17

Well, I ordered my scooter from Superior Powersports on 5/15, but they haven't been able to ship it yet. There was an issue with my payment (on their end) where my status had been "payment declined" even after they had received my payment. That was sorted out, but the order immediately went to a "Pre-order" status which keeps getting pushed back further. It was initially 6/20, 6/30, and has since been pushed back to 7/15.

Since I ordered the scooter, I've purchased all of my gear, taken the MSF BRC, and received my permanent motorcycle operator license. I've been very busy moving into a new home, so I haven't pressed the issue with Superior. I'm finally starting to get impatient, and am getting close to cancelling my order.

The 54b is the model I really want, but I'm considering the downgrade to the 79 since that appears to be in stock at both Superior and PowerSportsMax. I vastly prefer the style of the 54/Reflex body though. Another concern is that some reviews indicate that the 79 has poor radiator placement resulting in worse cooling. Can anyone comment on that to verify if that will be an issue? I live in NE Texas where summer temps can commonly be over 100 degrees.

My options:
  1. Wait indefinitely for Superior to receive and ship my scooter.
  2. Give Superior a chance to offer me an incentive to downgrade to the less-desired Type 79.
  3. Cancel my order and purchase the Type 79 from Powersports Max or another competing retailer.
  4. Purchase a used scoot locally via CL; I've found a couple of possibilities here, but I would really prefer new, and the local scoots have the CFMoto 244cc instead of the 257cc motor I would prefer. I also don't like the fact that a local purchase may not have been well-maintained...
Thoughts?