View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #1

Say hello to my little loud friend!

So my old POS after-market muffler was cracked and falling apart at both ends... As i was browsing scooter shops and ebay for replacement ideas, I came across listings for 2-stroke silencers and noticed they have a 3-hole bolt pattern, like the after-market pipe my muffler came with. So I found some measurments for the pipe I have, and for a gasket for the silencers... and sure enough, they match!

So... I bought a used OEM silencer for $25 shipped and bolted it to my pipe. Fits like a glove!
It is LOUD... almost silent at idle and light 'cruising' throttle, but when you get into it, it sounds bratty like a glasspack on a car. I can't say it sounds good, but $25 for something of jap/Italian quality is music to my ears.
I plan to nip the curve out of the tip, the sound bounces back bad off everything, even just the street curb.
I've been told it sounds like a go-cart on crack... the scooter performs just as well, so its not restricting it any.

I just though I would share, in case anyone was looking for a cheap and very loud option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF7389s.jpg (62.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF7390s.jpg (65.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF7385s.jpg (48.9 KB, 24 views)

'08 US Titan 1P57QMJ NCY CVT kit & Teflon intake - 9g sliders - Mikuni fuel pump - pod filter w/ tube - Frankenpipe - #114/#38 - blue CDI w/orange spark - bedazzled with LEDs
'08 139QMB - sold - being ridden long and hard, still truckin'!

Login or Register to Remove Ads