View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 10:03 AM   #4

There are a more then a few threads over on TotalRuckus about long distance Ruckus rides.
Wan's is probably the most read.
Another thread, a guy from the Pittsburg area did around the US trip, on a ruckus pulling a tiny trailer!!
They are packed full of great pics, and information and tips.
The one guy I met at a CON, and rode with, rode up to Greenville NC, from Savanna Georgia and then back home, plus the couple of hundred miles we did around Greenville.
I ride a 250 honda, @ 61 years old, and my old body can make 400 miles a day or so before I'm just worn out. Well that was when I had the windscreen and leg shields on also.

It can get very lonely on a 400 mile riding day man. I love solitude myself, however once you encounter a mechanical failure out alone, and then realize you did not bring that ONE tool along like you planned on, you must seek the help of strangers.
I've never good at asking for help, I love helping folks, just not asking for it myself.

I would also suggest, load down the scooter with your kit, then do a short 50 mile run, maybe sleep over night in a state park. Cheap to do, and lots to learn.
Your scooter will handle different, and your speed will be reduced.

Now with all the mylar sleeping bags, tents, and what not, you can greatly reduce weight, if you can get used to their peculiar sound and feel. But they do work.

Best of luck to you man, I'll be looking for your results.