View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #1

[SOLVED] Blinkers, horn and fuel gauge don't work

Hello everybody,

I have serious problems with the electrics of my scoot - all my blinkers and my horn don't work, all other lights work. It started yesterday. The bike had a real hard time kick-starting, then it did start (after I changed the spark plug), but was dying few times while idling. Speedo's fuel gauge is also not working. The blinker relay was just ticking REALLY fast, but no blinkers. Then suddenly blinkers started working (all bulbs were fine), so I managed to get home. This morning scoot started ok, I idled and throttled for half an hour to let the battery charge, but the blinkers didn't budge to function, the relay didn't make a sound. Headlight and brake light work.

I thought it was the battery since the temperatures here are below zero, so I took it home and measured it with my multimeter - looked great, 12,6 Volts! Anyway, I put it to charge, but the charger worked for half an hour then it displayed "FULLY CHARGED". I really don't know what to do.

Could this be a faulty blinker relay? Can a bad blinker relay affect the horn as well?
50cc 139QMB, 7g sliders, manual petcock w/ transparent lines, Naraku CDI, Naraku belt, high output racing coil, 18.4mm CVK clone w/ #85 mj and #38 idle, needle @ leanest, OEM pipe mod, Kenda tires, NGK Iridium, lots of LED mods, 2.61L/100km (90 MPG)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by 50cc; 02-22-2013 at 11:14 AM.