View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 04:47 PM   #1

Performance gy6 150 based turbo+Stroker

Hello to anyone reading this post!
I do automotive performance and was gearing up to overhaul the 5.2L small block mopar in my truck to a 7.xL stroker truck, with twin turbo's...Somewhere around 1,200 - 1,400hp at all 4 wheels.
After an accident that resulted in the truck rolling over, I've put the project on hold while i repair the body. (no mechanical damage!)
This waiting period will last for an expected 3-6months, Then the stroker build will take an estimated 2-3years to finish.

So this wait has me wanting to build another performance gy6 scooter! (To get to and from work, and be a showpiece)

So firstly, I have a question. after that, I will have answers.

Can I install a 8.2mm stroker on a stock bore gy6? I understand I will need to bore the crank case halves in any case. or is a larger bore needed? for my use im trying to keep bore as small as possible.

Now that that is out of the way,

I'm going to be building a stroker gy6 scooter. Intended use is daily driver and weekend drag strip warrior. I also will be trying out a dual fuel system for use with high boost. http://www.scootdawg.net/images/smil...y-drinking.gif

That brings me to a sort of hot topic among gy6 users.

WILL IT FLOW ENOUGH FOR A TURBO?!?!?!?

Well that is highly dependant on the turbo model you use. The one im looking at is a BABY. a 125 gy6 will make about 4psi at 8000rpm on the model. a 150 will do 6-7psi at that RPM.

My intention is to create a fuel injected gy6 scooter...That gets 50-60mpg under cruise (~4500-5500rpms) but when needed will be able to build (and maintain) 20-25psi of boost,and create 30-40hp.

* I have to say it is not a thought in my mind to create a kit for sale. However, if enough people would like one, then it may be,but at this time i do custom builds, not mass-market ones. (lol) *

anyway....my plan is for a undersquare engine, im undecided between big 2 valve or 4 valve,not for n/a performance, but for turbo spooling.
my last build was 2 valve, stock valve size,but ported & polished. made about 5psi at 5000, with a ram air intake. unfortunately no pictures.

my thoughts are a bit scrambled right now, my apoligies....18 hour work day.
main question again. smallest bore i can use to get away with a 8.2 stroker?

if anyone has any questions for me, go right ahead.

it was either build a performance gy6, or buy another kawasaki ninja, the guys over on ninja400 forums didnt take so kindly to the whole turbo idea. so heres where i am.

Login or Register to Remove Ads