View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 09:15 AM   #10

Making progress on the Zuma. But I just noticed I got sent the wrong pilot/slow speed jets. So after ordering 3 more jets at $5 each plus $10 for Priority shipping that stupid thing got me for ANOTHER $25!

I'm fully aware you gotta pay to play but I "thought" I had everything to get it running. It's been so long ago I can't even find the paperwork to see who sent me the wrong pilot jets. Laziness pays!

Final note of craziness. I'm cleaning the motor off from old oil and gunk. Vertical 2-strokes are a bit messy to begin with, but a seeping oil supply line and a tiny exhaust leak make it worse. I'm spraying Brake-Clean on everything getting in all the nooks and crannies and I notice the cat leaving the garage and he runs into the door. He's old anyways. I continue cleaning and Suicidal Tendencies-Controlled by Hatred starts. Next thing I remember is the room going sideways, loud stereo sounding weird and out cold! Wake up and the album is over. It was 100 degrees with the heat index in the garage. I had a floor dryer for a fan blowing on me and I guess the garage had poor ventilation. Don't huff chemicals! Its a horrible experience! My wife fussed at me but I feel better this morning.