View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #33

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertydude View Post
You know if you don't feel like fiddling with carb adjustments and tuning, it could just be easier to buy a new stock air filter box complete with all restrictors and install it as is. It should work with a stock carburetor just fine.
Thanks, Quertydude, but I've already made my mind up with adjustments. I want to see how much performance I can get out of my stock engine anyway.

I've wasted dozens of hours adjusting my Honda Zook carb, I don't see why I can't with my Peace Sports 50. Though, acquiring another airbox for my Zook seems like an excellent option; I actually had no idea they sold stock airboxes with restrictions.

While I do appreciate the advice, at this point I've already taken the carb out. I even recorded most of the process so I feel confident in acquiring and installing a new carb with the appropriate jetting and adjustable a/f screw. Right now I'm almost incompetent when it comes to these scooters, but with the enough practice I'm sure I'll attain enough wisdom. Especially with the use of this excellent forum and help from you and users like you.

I also plan on keeping, maintaining, and using this scooter for many years to come, so I would prefer to start upgrading components as early in its life as I can. Besides, I already have a performance filter that coincidentally fits:
http://www.amazon.com/35MM-FILTER-HO...filter+scooter

Login or Register to Remove Ads