View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 10:47 PM   #6

My security concerns are not that high. I sometimes ride my scooter to a bar in a sketchy part of town and I lock my scooter to their sign outside. Yeah, I fear liftoff thefts in that area. My scooter has a immobilizer but I don't need idiot kids pushing it away and trying to hot wire it, triggering a $600 repair.

You could try an alarm added to your scooter. I have a 110 decibel one on my ebike. Granted most people ignore an alarm screaming away.

I have a seat to handlebar lock on my scooter. I got it so I can secure my full face if my trunk is full. It was a PITA to install on my Piaggio Liberty but totally worth it. My full face was $500.

But if your'e out with someone else on a scooter/motorcycle LOCK THEM TOGETHER. We have a system at a local arcade (video games, not naked ladies) that we lock our locks together, that way we can leave when we want. In Europe its called the Lock It To Me campaign. Helps prevent lift offs.

I really can't think of anything else to suggest. Like I said, my security concerns are mostly stupid kids looking for easy targets. No organized crime in my area. Now my sister lives in Washington D.C., you slip up and you'll loose your scooter quick! I always drive when I visit her.