View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
Hi Rob
You are quite correct my friend, whats easy for me and others with the proper skills and machining equipment is not considered easy to most
Ive been working on motorbikes for over 40 years and have a decent home machine shop, lathe, drill press, mill etc so for me a rebuild is easy and quite enjoyable
I do apologize
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

If you break down the parts in an expensive brand name scooter, and a generic gy6 scooter the difference in material and parts is about $150. Honda isn't good because it cost more. Honda could easily sell those scooter for for $750, but they choose to keep high profit margin and use it to put quality back in. As chinese scooter companies get better the only distinction there will be between chinese scooter and Honda scooter is a better engineer team. All the parts come from China. The Chinese factories making them are getting better quality control everywhere, and will be able to do it for nearly the same price.

The people who make the parts for Honda and Tao scooter company are both being paid $1.50 in china for the most part.