View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 AM   #28

I feel kind of bad for breaking out the bad guy here but I look at it this way, for $700 you just took a really good course in experience so that when in the future you ever experience this kind of behavior in a more expensive vehicle (such as an automobile) you will know that you need to leave it pulled over where you first stopped and call a tow truck, because if you don't you could be looking at replacing an engine that in a car can easily cost you 7 or 8 thousand dollars, so for $700 you got away cheap.

The unfortunate part on these 250's is that, if you did fry the engine, it's going to cost you more than you paid for the vehicle itself, something the seller may or may not have known about. Chances are, if you ask me, he knew something about it but decided to sell it before he got into knowing the full extent of the problem, that's just my opinion but in fact a moot point.

Now I think the engine is all right but you need to address the problem and stop driving it in hopes that it will go away, because it won't. Your problem is likely either a stuck thermostat or possibly a blown head gasket, something along those lines is what I would be checking into.

Personally I would start by replacing the thermostat, because it's cheaper and far easier than the head gasket.
You never know, especially if the scooter still has coolant, that might be all it is.

Good luck