View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno711 View Post
Vulgar words whether they're real or fake sends out a message of nastiness imo.
It's just so unnecessary....why do people insist on being nasty? I don't get it.

On the other hand, I don't have a problem with "%&@#$#" this usually translates as a feeling of your own frustrations and its typically not directed at anyone in particular. ....Just my 2 cents
Just diminishes the perceived value of what you are saying when you use them and shows little respect for those you are communicating with so why bother. Really just a non-physical way of assaulting people. Don't hear or use that type of language in my daily life so won't degenerate to it here. Get into the habit and let vulgar words slip where I work and you could end up unemployed in a heartbeat. It is a multi-national company so there are enough people around that if you use the German, Latin or Asian equivalents there will most likely be somone around that fully understands the words and their usage even if you don't fully understand them yourself. I used to work in the State prison system and even there the prisoners never used vulgar speach in my presence and would appologize if they even came close to slipping one out.

I won't melt if someone uses that type of language in my presence however my respect for them as a person and for what their saying will indeed start melting away.