View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #5

I'm sure I will become to like this forum but I'm confused, too. Add a little disappointed to that, as well.
When there was one forum, there was one place to go. You will have to remember that the internet and Chinese scooters grew during the same time. If it was not for the original forum, many would have missed on the pleasures of the Chinese scooter. Through experience and research, we became mechanics of a vehicle that no dealership would touch (Hell, I'm an accountant). That knowledge also brought arrogance and other things that had nothing to do with maintaining scooters.
So those who gained knowledge decided to add different forums but the original was always the go to place. Now that the original is gone, everyone is jocking for position while some users get watered down, delayed, or maybe wrong answers because of the separation. To check or even post a problem on four different sites can be frustrating. Of course it is better than the past where information was few and far between for scooters. (My Aero 50 died in the eighties because we did not know it just needed a valve adjustment and couldn't afford to take back to dealership)
Do I wish for the old days? Of course, I miss logging in everyday to browse my scooter category (250cc baby) and learn things I thought I would never use but did use. I would spend hours going through old post, other scooter categories, new topics, and finding out who was selling what.
This site has more general info but I didn't want to make a choice. It's like a kid going threw a divorce. The kid may or may not have to make a choice, but they know, it will never be the same.

Login or Register to Remove Ads