View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 08:48 AM   #11

Couldn't agree more with you, about the ill effects of ethanol. Have had to repair failed fuel systems on a couple of string trimmers, a roto tiller, and a chainsaw....destroyed fuel lines, primer bulbs, and such. Took me a while, but I finally realized that ethanol sucks. Have to believe that most of the problems encountered with our vac operated fuel petcocks, and pumps, are caused by running blended fuel.

My 2005 Cub Cadet is in it's 11th season of mowing, and has 1,070 hrs on it. I have replaced the fuel lines a couple of times, but haven't touched the fuel pump or vac line that operates it (almost identicle to an OEM scooter pump). So, kind of thinking about getting another one just in case. Searching around, I've noticed some aftermarket pump sellers stating "Not compatible with gas containing more than 10% ethanol". Seems to me what they are really saying is, ethanol will destroy the diaphram....10% will just take a little longer than a higher percentage will.

Could go on....have a close friend from my working days, who drove tanker for Hess....ah the heck with it....the sun is shining, it's warming up.....I'm going scootin'