View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 11:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Maybe you need to lower your expectation, of what such a tiny engine is capable of doing. You have to know how many rpm's your engine is producing at top speed, before tuning your cvt....so, do you have a tachometer? One would think that if it came stock with 7 gr weights, that after a bbk install, a heavier weight would be ok. But this may not be the case, considering your size.

So is it cranking out 8000 rpm's at top speed.....or unable to reach 6500?
Yes knowing the rpms is a good point but you can do a lot with these little engines once you know. The next changes I would make are for airflow efficiency a stock cam is at its limit at 80cc. I would also look into a performance exhaust and into either retuning (rejetting) your carburetor or getting a retuned (rejetted) carburetor. Then I would look into performance variators most performance variators have different ramp profiles from stock and thus change the way it shifts with the same weights. At this point you may wind up hitting redline too easily and if you ride mostly on the FLATS you could look into regearing. If you deem regearing to be the right option regear to a taller gear for flats (numerically lower ratio) it may feel stock again or slightly sluggish off the line but will have a higher top speed (of course it depends upon the engines actual power output).

Login or Register to Remove Ads