View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 06:49 AM   #1

Exclamation 100cc BBK upgrade issues... Need Advice

Hi Guys!!, I am a new member, but I have been reading your forums for a while now, Thanks for all the pre-advice! LoL

Now on to my issue, I have a 80cc (47mm) Jonway Sunny Copy, and it was running fine.... Had it setup with a Stock Clutch, NCY Pully and 4.5g weights... Also I installed a 24mm Keihei Carb, and it ran great.... i could do 37-40mph up hills and 55mph on flats. I thought i had a bright idea and decided to upgrade to a 100cc kit....once i completed installing everything hooked up all the wires/carb vac/fuel lines i started it up with no problems, the ISSUE at hand is that when i go above 1/2 throttle the engine starts bogging and occasionaly has a crackling sound, the engine goes RRRRRrrrr(BOGGGGGG)RrrrRRrrrRRRR(BOGGGG) and so forth.... i Switched the carb back to the stock tiny POS and it ran ok but the bike wouldent exceed 35mph.... My theory is i am using the STOCK intake manifold and its not letting enough air/fuel into the cylinder im at a loss, and i am debating if i should quickly throw back on my 80cc setup.... I would love some advice Ty guys for your time

Login or Register to Remove Ads