View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 09:11 AM   #13

Excellent suggestions:

A new trouble light, but for best results, wouldn't you want an incandescent bulb? the reason i ask, is in most areas they are no longer available and you must use a screw in florescent. Or you could use a spot light

taking the battery inside will definitely increase its cranking ability, but if the weather is cold enough it still may not start. family had a Mercury Montclair w/ 460 c.i. engine that would crank fine, but no manner of accelerator pumping would get it to start without ether or liquid fuel direct into the carb.

With that said, I recently BBK'd a 2014 Tao Tao that was running rich before the upgrade (too big of idle jet from factory), it ran less rich afterwards but still started easily with 20F temps w/o changing the idle jet.

Synthetic oil is all I use and 10W30 as it reduces friction overall which gives more power, I have considered 5W30 and 0W30 for cold temps like most of the country is experiencing but have not tried it yet.

Must be someone else using the same Bull handle, maybe I should change mine. What do you think?

btw.. is there a way to give a "thumbs up" in this forum? I haven't seen one.