View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 02:01 AM   #4

What are you basing your service interval on? I am a new owner and have closer to 1000 clicks on my EVO 150. I have changed the engine oil twice and the gear oil once. I have bought a new plug and have one of those new CDI units on order. I am not so certain the new cdi will do anything for me. Sitting on the stand, I don't detect any limiting of rpm's. But being new to scooters, perhaps that is not a valid test. I am NOT a lightweight. I weigh in a little over 300 lbs (over 6 feet tall) and thus far on level ground have seen speeds up to 9o KPH. The bike starts well, runs well. Even idols well so long as the engine is warm. Have noticed significant performance boost just by using ethyl gas over regular. Then spotted in some third party documentation that 93+ octane gas is recommended. I went to AUTO ZONE to get the new plug. They didn't have NGK in stock but had equivalent. I bought it anyway. But again, have not installed it as yet. It's not broken so not fixing. I have had the notorious loose bolt's on the chassis. I got some locktite and put that on most of the bolts on the exhaust. Also had to tighten all the screws on the front ferrying assembly.