View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #20

I noticed when putting 15W40 in it, the idle would go up too much when warm (engine would do almost 2k RPM, while on cold I would barely be able to start it).
Lighter oil (10W40, 10W30, 5W30) gives more constant idle.
Some people mention to do a valve adjustment. Mine came from the distributor with tight valves, which seemed to last for 5k miles, and now I hear them tapping; ready for the first Valve Adjustment on mine!

I also always check the hoses, and hose clamps. It doesn't take an engineer to put the clamps on the right places. sometimes a wrong clamp placement could be the cause of a vacuum leak, with all kinds of problems of the kind.
On my Roketa, the carburetor wasn't mounted well. It was mounted, but not sealing well. On my PDI I accidentally noticed it, and tightened the bolts.

I have a pulsing speedo on my Tao 150cc. It only pulses until ~30MPH, but that speedo is on the dot correct.
Has to do with it using only one magnet to record and send electrical pulses to the speedo, so if the tire rotates too slow, the speedo meter tries to fall back to zero before the next pulse arrives.

Too bad you ain't got the ATM50 speedo, that speedo tells you in KM, about how many MPH you're doing divided by 2.

Have you done a PDI yet?
Opened her up and taken pics?

Login or Register to Remove Ads