View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #22

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnts2 View Post
All of you were more or less dam lucky. So was I. Vietnam and Korea and Japan and the closest I came to getting scared was an ofd duty South Vietnamese soldier pulled a pin at the end of the alley I lived on in Saigon and blew himself apart. In fact so lucky I have been half ashamed till recently.

Yes, it is nice that a few civilians act like they think we are not dirt. But I noticed that the sales clerks at Lowes no longer say anything about it, when I show my ID and ask for the 10% discount. They used to thank us for our service.

But pay attention to the US governement. Pay attention to how our damaged brotheres are treated. A friend who had his knees permanently damaged from a bad chute landing is still waiting for surgery and I have no doubt it will not come before he goes on Medicare and thus gets off VA's budget. The VA is underfunded. It always has been and always will be. Your retirement with not keep up with the real changes in the cost of things you buy Hank, . I could go on, but I think we all know the drill. Look at the homeless and the suiside and unemployed statistices. Frankly, as a businessman, I hate the fact that I often cannot find a younger vet that I can trust with with my customers.

I think it is a serious problem. I am a bit worried about it. But those of you as young as Hank perhaps need to worry more.

lefty2
Hi Lloyd
I hope that is correct as its been a while my friend and my memory is not as good as it was in days gone bye
How ya been i hope all is going well
Not to worry my friend, over the full span of my career ive managed to save quite a bit and have made wise investments which have paid off nicely, so even in the event of my pension being lost i would still be well off
I appreciate the concern and thank you from the bottom of my heart
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank