View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 01:01 PM   #15

The Piaggio MP3 upright lock automatically disengages at some low speed. It would be
unsafe for it to remain locked at higher speeds because although it is 2 wheeled at front,
it is a very narrow tracking space; too easy for it to tip over/have handling problems
then.

Braking is good because there are 2 wheels to take up braking forces. Saw a video
demonstration of the MP3 under panic stop tests and the rear wheel would sometimes
lift a few inches. Incredibly fast stopping... one would need to make sure there was no
traffic directly behind you as they surely could not stop before you did. Having ABS
would make it even better. (no rear wheel lifting then)

Front end linkages would likely be tricky and expensive to repair. Safer I think in wet
conditions due to its reverse trike (Tadpole) configuration. Here in the states, they can
be had in 250cc, 400cc and 500cc sizes. Not sure of latest model years available; of course
used ones are available.

Just as a side note, there are instances of MP3 owners using a passenger vehicle tire
(car tire) on the rear of their MP3 and at least one that put car tires on all 3 wheels.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me