View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 09:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito2 View Post
Well that is good news. Especially since it was in what could be determined as pretty good condition considering what it could have been... And now with newer tires. Returned after 1000 days in exile... Do you know the circumstances of its recovery? Was it recovered as abandoned, recovered as result of an arrest, recovered with other stolen property? That story if you could find out would be interesting.

3 years is not as long as the 33 years of a guy in Ohio recently reunited with his stolen 1968 Camaro, but still pretty amazing. Especially with a scooter... Where if it is not returned within a few months, it would be gone forever and if returned after that few months it would have been savaged, scarred, stripped and gutted if not bent and nearly completely beaten beyond recognition. A rare thing indeed. Very happy for you.
Yeah for being gone that long I'm utterly surprised, when I got the call I thought I would be picking up a frame at best, and going to scrap it right after.

But she's up and running beautifully . Big smiles on my face, I just need to get a new title since I lost mine in its 3 years absence, I have all my DMV recipes for title transfer and registration so hopefully I can get the new title, the recipes where enough for the cops and tow yard to give it back to me.

so apparently

A lady was driving it, had an accident, and the bike couldn't be started on the scene so it was towed. I guess either the lady knew it was stolen, or didn't have the money to get it out of the tow.

Her name address and "accident" are on the police report, she was not arrested as I dont think they knew it was stolen AT THE TIME.
Now that the vin came up stolen im hoping I can take her to small claims court to recoup my $400 + damages?
What do you think buddy?

33 years for a missing car is amazing, wonder how it looked when it came back lol. I'd like to read that story.

Hey brother,
Could you possibly pop over to the maintence sub forum for 150cc's and check my post there, I need to find out what headlight bulbs I need for this thing, they're 35w high and low's I think so any 35w bulbs should work right?
Also should I change the gear oil? I doubt its ever been done...

Thanks for the reply man, thought this forum was dead!

Login or Register to Remove Ads