View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 04:32 PM   #3

Funny, but this sort of thing was brought up in another forum regarding posting messages (or a lack thereof) and the effect of the coming winter. This is what I said:

Well, with winter severely cramping our riding style up here in the north, we are sure to post more here since we would apparently have more time to do so. But just be aware that they will often start off as expressions of regret for not riding more when the weather was more favorable, then anxieties of the coming winter will have print on pages. Anger, then rage when it shows up, disgust when it blasts with the cold & piles on the snow, then cursing with the abject agony of the dark and relentless cold that permeates EVERY day and stays far, far too long. Then expressions of fear that they are loosing their minds and just can't take the winter any more will be a very common meme. Then talks of how they feel saved from that just in time when a sunny day makes a rare appearance. Then it will be a lot of talk of the longing for spring and the giddiness to see longer daylight time and evidence of melting snow and ice....... Well, you get the picture. We are going to whine about it... a lot probably... happens every year...must be in our DNA or something.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me

Login or Register to Remove Ads