View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 09:25 PM   #10

So, finally put everything back together. Installed the DVM/USB charger, and hooked it up to the radio power line (which is switched on/off with the ignition key). Replaced seat bolts (bent), replaced grab bar bolts (bent and threads damaged). Replaced the "main" glass fuse with a blade-style fuse holder and fuse.

One of the rear tail lights was out. Replaced both of them with LED lamps. The front tire had a leak. Traced it to the valve core, replaced both valve cores. I can smell gas some times when I come to a stop, it seems to be coming from the gas cap, will replace that tomorrow. The suspension was horrendously hard, sprayed all the shocks with WD40 Lithium grease, and it got MUCH better. Took it on the highway for 1 exit... got it up to an indicated 85mph, but it honestly felt like 70ish (no gps on it just yet).

When re-assembling the bike, couldn't get the plastics on the front to line up correctly (center floor mat). Some of the plastic threads in the body work have been pre-stripped by the factory. Replaced a missing nut/bolt holding the plastic down by the radiator. There are two screws on each side near the passenger foot pegs, which had log wood screws in them, which I didn't replace. There is a nut welded to the frame, however the screw was too small for it. A proper diameter screw for that nut, is too wide for the holes in the body plastics. Additionally, I found two of the screw locking tabs on the floor, but never found the plastic attachment area they belong to. There are some rattles and a squeak from the right side of the windshield. (I replaced a ton of fasteners on the bike).

The gas gauge is way, way too sensitive. The act of braking or accelerating causes it to change. It's not an engine voltage phenomenon, either (I have a DVM on my dash now). I can see it wavering up and down when I come to a stop (and the gas is sloshing around inside the tank).