View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 10:27 AM   #35

I had a Stage 1 modded Zuma (exhaust and transmission) and that scooter had 30,000 miles on it when I finally sold it. It was a 2005 year.

My friend sold his Stage 1 modded Zuma with 45,000 miles not long ago.

Wear and tear were drive belts every 10,000 miles-did the rollers at the same time, tires, air filters every 10,000, reduction box oil every 10,000, front brake pads when needed and other small parts that need random attention.

You can "rent" a torque wrench for free from any major auto-parts store. And again, I wouldn't have touched the reed cage. The "sloppiness" is normal for the reeds.

Does your electric start work? Why are you kick starting it every time? I ask because are you sure nothing is acting strange in the transmission, causing the weird noise you hear. Wal-Mart sells the battery for the Zuma (Everstart) for a great price.

Nothing else is popping in my head right now. We've see all sorts of stuff fail from doing wheelies, DON'T do burnouts, nose wheelies/rolling endo's mess up shock seals and other abuse related issues-so we have a pretty good knowledge base.

My wife was suppose to go to Oakland, CA but the pandemic stopped that. She was gonna drop thru the L.A. area when returning (Driving cross-country with her sister). She knows Zuma's VERY well! She's been helping with everything from tires changes to full engine builds. Rescued us on rides and helped fix stuff on the side of the road. I bet she would have figured it out quick! She started on a Stage 1 modded Hyosung Sense (great little scooter!), upgraded to a Buddy 125, Cam-Am Spyder (P.O.S.) and now has a Honda Silverwing scooter.

Again, best of luck figuring it out.

Login or Register to Remove Ads